… in the way I look at household cleaning, thanks to working in a microbiology lab.

Prior to this I did the normal detergent and clean thing on dishes and surfaces, and of course casually washed my hands with soap. Since spending time in a pathogens lab, I am much more fastidious! In the lab everything we use is doused with ethanol, at a bare minimum, sometimes bleached, and if I’m doing any work in the biocontrol cabinet I leave the UV light on for an hour just to make sure nothing can survive.

Now I’m fairly sure I’ll only be happy at home if someone can tell me a) how I can buy/make massive quantities of ethanol without arousing the suspicions of the government, and b) how exactly one goes about getting a UV light installed in the kitchen.

Advertisements